Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have put polyurethane subframe bushings under my 67 Convertible and would like to know what the torque specs are for those bolts. So far, when I tighten them up, they are squishing pretty good and the bolt does not seem to tighten up solid yet. These are Prothane Polyurethane bushings that I bought from Rick's 1st Gen.

------------------
Rob Rice
[email protected]
http://members.xoom.com/robr54

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
I don't know what the torque would be, but you should keep tightening the bolts till the inner sleeves bottom out.

Larry

·
Registered
37 Posts
i had to "dig" a little on the internet,but found that the bolts should torqued to 70-90 FTLBs. this is for a 70,others are probably similar...hope this helps..

------------------
70camaro(350)ground-up restification,350 slightly modified

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
The center and rear bolts: 75-95 lb-ft with a 60 lb-ft residual after rolling.
Radiator support: 30-40 lb-ft.

These came from the Chevrolet assembly manual (the best piece of referance literature I have ever used.) Be sure the bolts are not rusted and the frame nuts are clean and well lubricated. Use only Grade 8 hardware if replacement is necessary.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Sounds to me like you may have not installed the metal sleeves in your new bushings. That's the only reason I can think of as to why your bushings are squishing down. Polyurethane is basically plastic, and compresses very little under normal torque specs. I installed Energy Suspension bushings in the front subframe of my 67 Camaro and the bolts tightened up without the bushings squishing out. Hope this helps.

·
19,759 Posts
In the process of doing the front on my 68 now,45 foot pounds for the radiator support and 90 for the rest( this was for stock rubber) ,hope this helps.

------------------

1 - 6 of 6 Posts