Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to install subframe connectors on my 67 camaro. Hoping some of you would share your past experiences with brands you liked or disliked.

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Re: Subframe connectors;liked, didn't like...

there are a few threads on this topic I believe.

I have the DSE and I like them. They do require that you cut the floorboard but they come with a great template and the original carpet will still work.
They are weld-in style and stay up close to the body.
www.detroitspeed.com

·
Registered
2,614 Posts

Competition Engineering bolt ins that I welded up instead. I didn't want to cut up my floor. Real nice fit and they hold well.

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts

Check these out...Crash
I just welded in a set of those, they fit flush to the floor of a vert, notched to clear all the bracing. Haven't driven it yet, but I can tell from her reaction to the floor jack that she's a TON stringer.

·
Registered
166 Posts

JimM
what was the cost. I too have a Vert and want to add them but, didnt want to cut up the floor. I bought a set years ago and couldnt figure out how to install. Then I relalizes that they were for a hard top. Sold them at a loss to a guy and have been waiting for them to come out. How far do they come down? Do you have a web site? Thanks

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts

JimM
what was the cost. I too have a Vert and want to add them but, didnt want to cut up the floor. I bought a set years ago and couldnt figure out how to install. Then I relalizes that they were for a hard top. Sold them at a loss to a guy and have been waiting for them to come out. How far do they come down? Do you have a web site? Thanks
Cost was...$240 maybe? I got a good deal on them thru GP Superstore, they are a sponsor. Here's a complete rundown on the install http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=100725

·
Registered
633 Posts

I like my Global West connectors. Don't have to cut up floor and follows the contour of the floor very good.

If you don't care about cutting up your floorboards, the Detroit Speed connectors are the best.

If you don't want to, check out the Global West connectors.

Mike
Mike, are these the tubular connectors? Are they bolt-in or weld-in? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts

·
Registered
2,864 Posts

The Competition Engineering ones required my floor to be altered to fit, and I really hate that. I removed them, repaired my floor and made my own to suit.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
157 Posts

I installed DSE's in my 69 vert, I can tell you these are the best money I have spent to date. The stiffness increase was phenomenal, it is like driving a coupe. Carpet fits and they don't hang down under car.

·
Registered
4 Posts

I have a 69 Vert and just installed the new Hotchkis frame connectors. They were bolt front, weld rear. It only took about 2 hours to complete the whole job. No cutting of the floor. They fit up nice and tight against the bottom of the car and are notched around the vert reinforcements. I highly recommend the Hotchis system. High quality and powder coated.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts