Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm usually pretty good using search but I can't find a good thread(s) on removing the subframe with pics, etc. Can anybody help on this? It could be on this site or elsewhere on the web is ok too. Thanks! ;-)

·
Registered
601 Posts
put main body on supports than take out 4 bolt that holds front together and lower down with a jack also need to take steering knuckle offf.

·
Registered
350 Posts
It's really easy, I just did mine not too long ago. Jag is correct, once you undo the steering coupler, you can undo the 4 bolts and then it just drops out. The frame doesn't weigh a whole lot. Has everything else been removed...engine, trannie and such? I held up the body with 4 jacks. 2 under the rear axle, and one on each corner of the body in the front. You will be surprised at how light the body itself is. If you need any pictures of anything I may have some, just PM your email and I'll send them your way. Give me a little time to find the pictures first though.

Good luck,
Rick

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The engine/ trans has been out but everything else is still there, i.e., front fenders, rad support, front bumper, everything. I know it's a slippery slope but I was looking at the subframe today and I'm scratching my head thinking how nice it would be to completely restore it before this engine goes back in. Maybe it's a bad idea, don't wanna start another project that'll take way longer than originally planned. Right now my kitchen is 1/2 done, my engine is 1/2 done and a few other little projects are 1/2 done. I'm sure you guys can relate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts