Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if i'm going to be in a world of hurt reinstalling the subframe after i've pulled it out to repaint it. will it line up without being "off" in any direction? or is there a sure-fire method to mark the frame and body? I was thinking of dropping a plum-bob from a fixed point on firewall down to the frame and center punching it (doing this on both sides)
Also i've read all of the ads and articles i can find and i would like to go with the poly bushings, (actually i need to do a complete suspension rebuild) but it's hard trying to find a complete kit+swaybar+body bushings for less than $500.any ideas?

------------------

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you look on the front body mount pads (not the radiator support) you will see a small hole next to the bushing hole on each side. These holes line up with two holes on the body. Acording to the Camaro assembly manual, you need 2 shafts that are .610 in diameter, +.000 -.003 to insert into these holes to line up the frame. I had a local machine shop make up a pair for about 10 bucks. Works great. Let me know if you need any more help.

------------------

1 - 3 of 3 Posts