Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any info on first gen subframes. I heard there was a guy making new replacement ones is this true and how do i get price and availability?
Thanks

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
There is someone making replacements that use Mustang II or Corvette suspention parts. I can't remember who, but if I find it I'll let you know.

------------------
'69 RS/SS396 pro street
427/4spd/9"

·
Registered
612 Posts
It's wayne due, he makes a new frame that used corvette suspension. 2500 to you, not including suspension
search in brakes and suspension topics....

------------------
1968 RS/SS Camaro w/ 94 vette LT-1 and T56 six speed, Cal-Tracs, Baer 12" crossdrilled brakes 17" rims, ect....
<A HREF="http://home.earthlink.net/~speedracer68/tyler.htm" TARGET=_blank>
My 68 with LT1 and T56</A>

·
Registered
46 Posts
There's a dude in the Pacific Nothwest (WA) named Art Rasmussen that does awesome first and second gen subframe setups based off of Corvette chassis. I understand they're quite pricy though...

------------------
"If ya can't get yourself a 10, the least you can do is *uck 5 2's!"-Dolemite

·
Registered
612 Posts
Art Rasmussen has passed away. Like i said,
Wayne Due is building the subframes that hold corvette suspension. Look under brakes and suspension threads

------------------
1968 RS/SS Camaro w/ 94 vette LT-1 and T56 six speed, Cal-Tracs, Baer 12" crossdrilled brakes 17" rims, ect....
<A HREF="http://home.earthlink.net/~speedracer68/tyler.htm" TARGET=_blank>
My 68 with LT1 and T56</A>

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
Art Rasmussen Design & Fabrication Inc. was the one I was thinking of. Sorry to hear he died. I found it in the August 2000 issue of Car Craft on page 98. It's a good looking piece. Did Wayne Due take over for him or is he doing something of his own?

------------------
'69 RS/SS396 pro street
427/4spd/9"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts