Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After looking around after my 68 Cam got stolen, I have come across this Camaro that was sitting in a carport that is surprisingly in pretty good condition. After talking to the guy he told me that the way he understood it that it was a 71 1/2 RS. Now I know it's an RS because of the way it is. Emblems, dash, so on. But is there such a thing as 71 1/2 besides being made in the middle of the year on the production date? I know when they first came out with mustangs there were 64 1/2's but that's when they started. Any knowledge on this subject would be greatful. And also, would it be a steal for 4 grand?... then again, that was asking price. probably can get it for 3,000 or 3,500. Thanks again in advance.....

·
10,142 Posts
Often, Chevrolet would come out with a fiew new paint colors in mid year.
David

------------------
Check my web page for First Gen Camaro suspension info:
David's Motorsports page
First Gen Suspension Page
67 RS 327
69 Camaro Vintage Racer
65 Lola T-70 Chev 350 Can-Am Vintage Racer

·
Registered
45 Posts
No such thing as a 71 1/2 RS. Make sure it is a real RS instead of a Full Bumper car with RS Bumpers on it. A real RS has round parking lights right next to the headlights. A full bumper car has banana shaped lights right under the headlights. Many times people put RS Bumpers on a Full Bumper car and try to tell everyone it is a RS. I have even had people try to tell me this is the "Rare Splitbumper Version". Yea right....

Actually there is no such thing as a 1970 1/2 Camaro either just to be technical. I know it was a mid year start on a new body style, but there has NEVER EVER been any Chevrolet Literature saying the "New 1970 1/2 Camaro". It was a 1970 model period, a late start but still a 1970 model.

Bob R

------------------
1973 Z28 Original owner
1971 RS Z28 in Restoration

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. It is Split bumpers with the round parking lamps right beside the headlights. I don't think there is even a way possible to but the bumper all the way across because of how far the grill comes out. Thanks for all the hints and clues though....will consider it but I'm still favorable to my wonderful '68 models......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts