Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, im looking to buy some new tires for my 1996 camaro ss. it has on it right now i belive goodyear comp t/a. im wondering if i can get some suggestions as to what you recomend as a good tire for this car. dont want to spend a fortune but i want a good tire for a smooth ride and good look and performance as well.

please post your ideas.

thanks, dave

·
Registered
657 Posts
Go to www.tirerack.com and search your size. You can refine your search by picking what type of tire you want such as "ultra high performance" / "high performance" / "all season high performance". You can look at the prices and when you find a tire that's priced "right" for you read the reviews. This should help you decide what fits your needs. Hope this helps. By the way welcome to the site. FYI this is mostly 1st generation orientated.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
I'd recommend getting Kumho's, they are the best priced tire yet have great handling, traction, treadwear rating, temperature rating.
I run them on my 2003 Infiniti G35 and my 69 Camaro.
Kumho ECSTA SPT
(Ultra High Performance Summer) 275/40ZR17
$117

Kumho ECSTA ASX
(Ultra High Performance All-Season) 274/40ZR17
$115

You get about 25% more life out of the all season, but you would get a little better traction out of the SPT. I run the SPT on my 69 Camaro

These are available from Tirerack and many local tire shops too

·
Registered
1,821 Posts

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I'm a big fan of the BFG G-force-T/A KDWS for the street if you ever have to drive in the rain. These are what I run on my daily driver.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts