Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
15,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I don't have any of the seatbelts for my car except the shoulder belts, and in the interest of saving some cashola and my impatience to "get it together", I was wondering about suitable substitutes from the junkyard. Does anyone know what type of cars I could get all the belts from that will be the right length, etc? Aftermarket sets are wicked expensive and the used ones I seen for sale are overpriced. I know I can get a good set from the junkyard for next to nothing.

Thanks!

------------------
Joe
WCA Member
[email protected]
'69 wallet crusher
'97 Blazer - Bad wheel hop!

·
Registered
94 Posts
When I got my '73 all the front seat belts were broken. I got a set of universal seat belts from Kragen (or Pep Boys, or Grand Auto, or Crown or one of those places). Then the CHP busted me for no shoulder belts! Just a fix-it ticket. So I got another set of universals, doubled up the buckle side belts on the console side, and bolted the other halves to where the shoulder belts were. Those "universal" belts were about $10 a pop, I think.

------------------
-ibjoe
now: '73 LT; '79 Z28
then: '67 coupe; '88 IROC; '95 Z28

[This message has been edited by ibjoe (edited 06-02-2001).]

·
Registered
124 Posts
Check out www.julianos.com

------------------
1969 Camaro RS Convertible
406 SBC Accel Superram, 700R4, 3.55 12 bolt
DSE Modified Wayne Due suspension, 17" Budnik Prisms, Baer 13" 4 wheel discs, Recaro SRD's, Custom Detroit Speed dash

·
Registered
202 Posts
My 69 doesn't have shoulder belts on it and the lapbelts look like they are universally adjustable fixed belts. I don't see any place on the roof pillar where the shoulder belt restraint could be mounted. Does anyone have a picture of this?

·
Registered
154 Posts
The name of the comapny in the Super Chevy article is Pony Concept Cars.
Address is:
805 W.Collins Avenue, Dept SC
Orange, CA
(714) 639 4457

I just got my belts last week, havent had time to fit them yet and I'm not sure I have all the bolts I need. Does anyone have any idea where I can get the shoulder belt mounting bolts that mount into the sail panel? It looks like I'm a couple short of the four I need.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts