Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the Summit Sport Seats in their 1st generation Camaro? If so, I'm interested to know if they are a direct bolt-in on the sliders? Or, if the new sliders that come with the seats are direct bolt-in replacements? Also, how do they feel and look? I am considering getting a set this week for my '68 and they appear to be a good deal.

Thanks.
Jim

·
Registered
85 Posts
Just built mounts for mine today. They are NOT a direct bolt in. However, at the same time they were not to hard to mount. The slidders work nicely and for the money they are really nice. I am happy.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just built mounts for mine today. They are NOT a direct bolt in. However, at the same time they were not to hard to mount. The slidders work nicely and for the money they are really nice. I am happy.
Thanks for the info. Can you tell me what you had to do to mount the sliders? Did you have to fab any brackets? Drill?

Jim

·
Registered
85 Posts
Wish I had pics... It was fairly painless. I went to the hardware store and bought square nuts. I then measured out on the seat pan the actual foot print of the seat and drilled 5/8" holes. Roughed up the holes, then welded the square nuts right on top of the holes. The seat sets on top of the then square nuts and bolts right up. It worked great and made for a really solid mount without messing with complicated brackets. I'm 6'5" and could not afford to mess with special brackets because I need the head room. The bolts only raised the seat heigh about 3/8" which was not bad.

Anyway, hope that helped. The seats are comfortable, I'm glad I ddn't waste my money on expensive ones. Something else cool was that they are universal and can be mounted on the drivers side or the passenger side (same seat). Not that big of a deal, but I thought it was kinda cool none the less.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts