Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Added another LED for my heater control,I really like these,almost 0 power consumption:yes:
And really bright. And really GREEN.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Looks great! Almost makes you want to try them in the courtesy lights too. I may have to look into those for my 69 vert.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Source is SuperBrightLED'S.com. They have a vehicle bulb finder option that shows you what you'll need to order. My entire car is LED now with the exception of the headlights. You can turn everything on and the current draw is almost nothing. I think that will be cool for nitetime car shows.

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Entire car meaning running, parking and tail light? If so Eric can you post a few pics of those too.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sure no prob. Heres some parking ,tail and back-up shots
I guess the camera dosen't really do them justice, they look a lot better in person they are quite a bit brighter than the old incandescents. The back-up lights are really bright.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
I did pretty much the same, though I went with the cool white which doesn't look sa good as yours. The things I would do different are color and getting the more expensive but 360 degree bulbs for the dash to get a little better coverage.

can you post the bulb numbers you used for your dash? I have to dig up the ones I used but I know they were the much cheaper ones.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did pretty much the same, though I went with the cool white which doesn't look sa good as yours. The things I would do different are color and getting the more expensive but 360 degree bulbs for the dash to get a little better coverage.

can you post the bulb numbers you used for your dash? I have to dig up the ones I used but I know they were the much cheaper ones.
I went with cool white too, I love it. For the instruments ,you said it, you have to use 360 degree bulbs. I used the hp 5 in green, they were 5.95 each, not too bad because the most you will probably need would be six, if you're doing gauges too. Couldin't believe how good they worked. A while back I read on here to use sylvania 2825 instead of 194. It helped a lot ,but these LEDS just really out performed them.

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Yeah they look great. Thanks for the post.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Outers are 1157 red 45 led towers,back up are 45 towers cool white 1156,inners are 1156 red 18 led towers. There are lots of choices on their site. I never knew that the inners are supposed to be 1156 until lately. I didin't notice much difference in brightness between the 18 towers and the 45 towers. The 18s are a little bit less expensive.

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
The 67 cluster requires two bulbs to light up the main gauges! The others are just your indicator lights and do not require much in the way of brightness to operate. The two main gauges however require a brighter bulb 9 led at minimum and preferably higher 13-15. This is definatley required if you are going with blue leds. (get the 13-15) If white than 9-13.

The main gauges faceplates do not allow as much light through as the 69 gauges for some reason so higher number of leds is better! There is plenty of room for the two main bulbs that light the instrument cluster. Do not be concerned on the length or width even the 24 led will fit.

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
The 67 cluster requires two bulbs to light up the main gauges! The others are just your indicator lights and do not require much in the way of brightness to operate. The two main gauges however require a brighter bulb 9 led at minimum and preferably higher 13-15. This is definatley required if you are going with blue leds. (get the 13-15) If white than 9-13.

The main gauges faceplates do not allow as much light through as the 69 gauges for some reason so higher number of leds is better! There is plenty of room for the two main bulbs that light the instrument cluster. Do not be concerned on the length or width even the 24 led will fit without problems.

i run 2x 18 blues in mine for the main cluster and the others are all 3s.

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Eric - did you have any issues with the OEM mechanical turn signal and the 4 way flashers or did you have to replace them with LED rated electronic modules?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes, I had to replace both flashers with the electronic ones.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
2,178 Posts
Did you use these for the front turn signal/parking lamps?
30HP-LED BAY15D Spider Light

Also, could you please post part numbers for both of the elec flasher units?

Thanks.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Did you use these for the front turn signal/parking lamps?
30HP-LED BAY15D Spider Light

Also, could you please post part numbers for both of the elec flasher units?

Thanks.
You probably could use those just make sure that you measure good before ordering. If you didn't like them you could send back for refund and choose another. I've never used a spider so I can't say for sure, but they might light your lenses unevenly. Maybe,maybe not ,not sure. The ones that I used are the 1157-x3X1w 3x1.3 Watt High Power LED BAY 15D Bulb Amber. They are sort of like spotlights, I thought that they might work well at dusk for driving lights before you would normally use your headlights. They flash really bright also. They have a lens that you can remove or leave on that changes the light angle from 100 to 130 I think.
The electronic flashers that I used are the CF12ANL-01. That number works for turn sig. and emerg. They have diagrams of the flasher prongs, just compare yours to the diagram. This was for a '69, I'm not sure about other years.

·
Registered
159 Posts
i have a question for anyone using these in the dash...... Are these also dimable? I know some LED's are not and i would be very interested if they are. I live off of some really dark roads and sometimes its nice to dim the lights down a bit cause it makes it much easier to see out on the dark road.

Please let me know, thanks!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts