Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if i wanted a super charger installed in my car,what mager modifications would i need to do.without harming my car,or doing any damage to the engin.so far i ordered msd ignition coil.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Just follow the manufacturer's recommendations. You can generally run up to 9 psi on an engine without any major modifications to the long block. With regard to the fuel systema and computer chip, again, follow the manufacturer's recommendations.

------------------
Hugger Orange & white 69 Camaro with supercharged 350, Tremec TKO, and 3.73 12-bolt

See my website updated 8/13/00 at:

www.geocities.com/gheatly

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
You definitely want an ignition box, not just a coil. Depending on how much boost you're looking at, a fuel pump upgrade may be needed as well. I'm running the Powerdyne 4.5lb supercharger on my 93 and all I had to add was the ignition box. The 93's use a chip, where the 94 & up needs the Hypertech Power programmer to change settings. Even then, you may need the special supercharger program too.

------------------
Jeff H - 93 Indy 500 Pace Car(supercharged), Hugger Orange 69 Z28 with JL8 brakes & crossram

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if i put 4.5 pounds of boost in my car,how much horse power would i get.would it be a big enough gain,to beat a 5.0 with nitrous.i have headers jba's,and my exhuast will be complete.and i ordered my msd ignition,with a blaster coil.now what kind of fuel pump do i need,or does it come with the supercharger.and what do you recomend for a supercharger.from bino.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
4.5 lbs of boost is the safest level to drive the car with daily like I do. But you will only get 80-100 hp out of it. Your car with a 4.5 supercharger, headers, ignition would probably run in the 12.7-12.9 range in the quarter. Depending on what level of nitrous the Mustang has, he could be capable of running 11's. Nitrous will give you more bang for the buck, but either one will result in a "bang" at some point in time. Everyone I know running nitrous has broken their trans, rear or engine. Stock components can't handle the big hp increases. What I would suggest is to determine what kind of power level or speed you're looking for, then you can figure out which components to replace or beef up before they break. But you can survive with the 4.5 as a daily driver. A lot of the kits will include the fuel pump upgrade or recommend a certain pump.

------------------
Jeff H - 93 Indy 500 Pace Car(supercharged), Hugger Orange 69 Z28 with JL8 brakes & crossram

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.