Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if there is a supercharger available for my carbureted 383 SB that will fit under the SS 396 hood of my 69 Camaro? I looked into the low-profile B&M's, but they won't fit under the hood with the carburetor on top. If it makes a difference, the engine is actually an early 80's model. Please help!! Email me at [email protected] THANKS!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Latham used to make a low profile supercharger. It had the carb sit in front and to the side. I don't know if they are still in business. I saw a write up of their product about 10 or 12 years ago.

Steve R.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
8,747 Posts
ATI Procharger and Paxton make them for carbureted small block. They will fit under the hood. Gheatly (sp) from this board has one on a 69 Camaro I believe. I have one on a 406 small block. If you decide to go this way get ahold of one of us for a few tips. They can make lots of power!

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I run an ATI Procharger (Model P-600B) at 9 PSI. Before supercharger, my relatively mild stock long block made 360 hp. Afterwards, 515 hp. ATI's product works as advertised and I would buy another one again. E-mail me if you have any specific questions.

At a minimum, you will more than likely have to replace your cam. Blowers need a WIDE lobe separation angle on the cam, around 114 degrees. Any less, and you will just blow the intake charge right out of the exhaust valve during overlap.

Everything fits under the hood, no problem. I currently have a standard hood on my 69. But just because you can't see it doesn't mean you can't hear it!

------------------
Hugger Orange & white 69 Camaro with supercharged 350, Tremec TKO, and 3.73 12-bolt

See my new and improved website at:

www.geocities.com/gheatly

1 - 5 of 5 Posts