Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok! if I wanted to go to the track once and a while. what would I need to do to suspension to hook up?:)

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One thing, I have Comp engeneering traction bars, BFG Drag radials. I know I should run lower pressure at the track. But, what about shocks? And, after reading some old threads, loosening up the front suspension? I understand the weight transfer. I see guys
lift the front left tire. do you have to stiffen up the pass rear? You can tell I have no experience in that area. Basically, I'm just a 50 year old kid, trying to have some fun.

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
Ok! if I wanted to go to the track once and a while. what would I need to do to suspension to hook up?:)
well depends...

Just go and see what happens for starters...

If you have a stock 327 / powerglide, 3.08 gears and drag radials, she'll hook just fine.

You got a built 427 / muncie / 4.11's, well then it probably won't.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
One thing, I have Comp engeneering traction bars, BFG Drag radials. I know I should run lower pressure at the track. But, what about shocks? And, after reading some old threads, loosening up the front suspension? I understand the weight transfer. I see guys
lift the front left tire. do you have to stiffen up the pass rear? You can tell I have no experience in that area. Basically, I'm just a 50 year old kid, trying to have some fun.
you might want to reconsider the CE traction bars, I also ran those on my 68 and they have bent the main leifs of my springs. :mad:

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I keep reading post. I have multi leaf springs, also subframe connectors. I don't want to go to a 4 link. What are caltracs?

·
Premium Member
6,628 Posts
Thank you! They just bolt on?
They are bolt ons and adjustable for the preload hit to tires. Also they clear the Hotchkis frame connectors. It comes with a billet bushing for the front leaf eye which means the leaf springs will need to be romoved, then you can press out the old rubber front leaf bushings and press in the new billet bushing with 2-spacers.

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I tried to find them on Summit site. I found slide a links. So, they are bolted directly
to the leaf spring mount and the rear end, from what I can see. With slicks you can hook up the orange crush?

·
Premium Member
6,628 Posts
I tried to find them on Summit site. I found slide a links. So, they are bolted directly
to the leaf spring mount and the rear end, from what I can see. With slicks you can hook up the orange crush?
Maybe with slicks it will hook up.... But this is a good thread and guys that have there suspension set up may chime in at any time. Heres a link http://www.calvertracing.com/

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your post came up right after I posted. Got it. Seems like they will be what i need.
Skeeter,your car is just as nice underneath as the top. Saw your other pics.
Peace!:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,388 Posts
Slicks along with split mono's and Caltrac bars from Calvert Racing help my car do this:

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very nice Steve! Thats what I want to do. I plan on adding nitrous this winter with the
caltracs.

·
Premium Member
2,388 Posts
Steve looks awesome, What did you run up front?
Moroso drag springs, a set of cheap CE 3 way shocks and polyurethane bushings that I installed in 1998.

Thanks! :beers:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts