Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
15,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow... I was looking at some old pics of my car from this past Spring before it ever hit the road. The suspension had never been 'loaded' other than climbing in and out of the car for years working on it.
There's at least 2" of air between the tops of the 15" tires\wheels and the fender\quarter lips!! :eek:

I noticed a while ago, maybe 300-400 miles ago, that the fender\quarter lips are below the tops of the tires by about an inch.

That's what I call settling! Hotchkis springs front\rear with Prothane bushings all around. I drove it a little before going through the front\rear suspensions with a torque wrench.
I LOVE the stance now... all lowered! I just didn't expect so much settling.
:beers:

·
Premium Member
8,375 Posts
Old Pics? From last spring??? My old Camaro pics are in 8mm and Instamatic.:yes:

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I sure hope mine settle some - way too high now! But with gas tank full and the car assembled I know it will come down some.

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
Steve,
That looks like my ride height as well. Same springs I started with, but with the car empty, the butt sits WAY high. Hard to imagine a gas tank and seat will push it down that much :)

·
15,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just don't torque any of the suspension bushings fully and drive it for a 100 miles or so. I drove mine everywhere for a while... around town and expressway... and it came down nice. I didn't go too far though before torquing the front suspension. I was too chicken. I let the rear go for maybe 200-250 miles.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I did the same thing as joe did.... Settled nice after a few hundred mile.:thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts