Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking for some feedback on the pro touring stage 3 system from classic performance products to install on my 67. Thanks in advance

·
14,452 Posts
I’m not a fan of CPP Chinese parts. Some of their stuff is good some not so good.

I like Ridetech Street Grip and Hotchkiss TVS

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Agree with John. I would pass on it IMHO.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Jerry, I've been down this road and it will cost you later ... do yourself a favour and 'do it right the first time'
Don't waste your money or jeopardize your safety with CPP, like John said ... price wise start with Hotchkis, then it goes RideTech, SpeedTech and of course Detroit Speed and others

Cheers
Steve

·
Premium Member
4,749 Posts
Was looking for some feedback on the pro touring stage 3 system from classic performance products to install on my 67. Thanks in advance
What are your goals for the car? What is your budget?

Don

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Depending on your objective with your car and how you plan to drive it and the$$ will determine which route to go. The last SSRS BB I built on a budget and minimal driving I went pretty much original. Poly bushings, Gabriel gas shocks, HD sway bar, next lower eaton front springs to lower the car, Iroc steering box, 17 x 8 wheels on 235x45 BFG. Car handles and drive solid for cruising and the cost was very reasonable. JMO.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Depending on your objective with your car and how you plan to drive it and the$$ will determine which route to go. The last SSRS BB I built on a budget and minimal driving I went pretty much original. Poly bushings, Gabriel gas shocks, HD sway bar, next lower eaton front springs to lower the car, Iroc steering box, 17 x 8 wheels on 235x45 BFG. Car handles and drive solid for cruising and the cost was very reasonable. JMO.
I did exactly the same thing with a bb also. I did the G-strand mod. All stock, it handles great for what I need. If you want to take it to the track and race around slaloms you might want to spend more, personally I would start with a car made for that though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you everyone for your input, since this post I have researched more about CPP and found more negative than positive. The 67 I'm doing now will probably not see competition but I need it to cruise 70-75 hwy speeds as I do out of state events. I will probably start with just rebuilding the stock suspension and good wheels and tires and go from there.

·
Registered
181 Posts
w/the others
Some poly bushings, hotchkiss springs. good sway bar, plain ol white KYBs, 12:1 box are all you need
Even my A body goes super flat around a corner driven hard, no floating at all. Unless you need to change the geometry/ball joint angle dont waste your money on the pricy stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts