Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys need some help here. Going to modernize a 69. lS, 4L60 etc. I love the big tire lowered look but I'd like it to ride decent too. I've lowered cars before and they tend to have had a rough ride. I don't mind spending some money, looking @ ame sub frame and the like. Just wondering what the results have been. Thanks

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Hotchkis 2" front and 1.5" rear springs give a good ride that's not super harsh but it's definetly not soft. I used the Bilstien shocks too.

This is not a 'slammed' look but it's got good all around charateristics.

If I was going for the weeds I would be looking at Ride Tech.

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
I will be going with a SpeedTech rear suspension upgrade along with Detroit Frame Connectors as my winter project and save like a mad man for my Art Morrison front end suspension. Should practically handle like a tight new car when done!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Dan, I like charlie have the Speedtech rear, with coilovers all around, plus the usual upgrades to the front suspension. I can tell you that when I swapped cars with my buddy and I drove his 2012 ZO6 carbon edition Vette and he mine ... when we got out he looked at me and said ... "wow, that thing has a nicer ride than my vette" , and he was right, his vette was much harsher than my 69'.

I cannot comment over other suspension providers, I've heard great things about the Ridetech but I was looking for more adjustability and have to say I am VERY pleased with the Speedtech. I just upgraded the front to the Speedtech Chicane and am looking forward to seeing the difference there as well ...

Steve

·
14,482 Posts
I have TCI rear torque arm and their front tubular subframe with coils overs rack and pinion the full 9 yards.

I run a built LS7/T56. My 69 handles and rides a well as my C6ZO6:beers:

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys I'm leaning towards coil overs all around. What's the feeling on sub frame bushing? Solid or neoprene or rubber? I know with subframe connectors they are supposed to be solid but few of the ones I see are. Appreciate the help.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I went with AME up front, and BMR torque arm for the rear. Not driven yet, but very happy with the products and engineering.
I know with leaf springs, solid mounts were a bit harsh.. but with coil overs today, nobody really seems to complain about harshness anymore with solid mounts... Maybe the geometry of the suspensions have changed enough with the coil overs to make things better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts