Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read a bit on it, mainly on this forum. I know the consensus is to stick to the belt fan with shroud, but I really like the look of electric fans. I'm pretty handy with wiring and such, my main question is how do the fans wired? Are they wired to switch on power (doesn't seem like this is correct)?

Also, I see big price differences in aluminum radiators and fan combos, anything to look out for?

·
19,760 Posts
I bought an aluminum rad. from Champion on Ebay and twin fans from Skip White also on Ebay. I wired the fans up to the Horn relay (and a 40A relay) so they come on when the engine starts.
No issues and for the between round cool downs I have a jumper so I can run the fans w/o the motor running. ;)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Installed an aluminum rad. w/dual electric fans in my 68. They are wired through a relay & 30 amp fuse for each. I run them right off the battery, so on a hot day they stay on for 30 sec. to 2 minutes after the engine is shut off. Much better for the engine & cooling system. My in-radiator sensor turns on at 195 and off at 180 degrees. Also installed a 100 amp alt., that cranks out 60 amps at idle. You can also wire a manual cutoff switch to shut off the fans if you don't like them running too long after the ignition is off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts