Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed stock front sway bar on my 69 with a stock 69 Chevelle engine on 327 engine mounts. The sway bar is hitting the harmonic balancer by 1/4". Is shimming the Sway bar at the frame the answer or what?

·
20,000 Posts
Same issue when I went with the 406" SBC, and YES, spacers fixed it with no side affects.(or is that effects ? )

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Isn't this an issue with either the wrong stands or engine mounts?

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The harmonic balance is 8". engine frame mounts original for a 327/302, narrow and taller than the newer 350. The engine mounts are not available for the 327 mount from what I have found and been told by "those in the know". I used the 350 engine mounts and shimmed the width space as recommended by Chevrolet. This is a car I bought as a rolling chassis with all new Sheetmetal except the roof and several trips with mostly new and used OEM parts. 20K in receipts. Original sub frame came rebuilt. Fit with everything has been a challenge, but the car is 75% finished and I have sold the car to a client. Lemans over black, 12 bolt posi, 350/300 from a 69 Chevelle, 4spd, PDB etc. I think the HB is the issue as it looks like the 327 came with a 7". What is your thought guys?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts