Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 2000 Camaro SS, 39K miles, for almost a year. Had the oil changed then, continued to use synthetic. I have only put about 700 miles on the car during the year. What is the thought on changing the oil after 1 year with that low of miles. Miles will never be an issue, but how long can I go.
thanks

·
Banned
1,354 Posts
I've had my 2000 Camaro SS, 39K miles, for almost a year. Had the oil changed then, continued to use synthetic. I have only put about 700 miles on the car during the year. What is the thought on changing the oil after 1 year with that low of miles. Miles will never be an issue, but how long can I go.
thanks
You are aware that your car has a engine oil life monitor on it, aren't you?

·
Registered
380 Posts
my camaro is older and I change the conventional oil 1 time every fall. regarding yours I would'nt go past the 2 year mark as mileage will not ever be an issue. modern cars are using 0w20 every 10k miles but they still want a 6 month interval as condensation is an issue. If it were my car I would still do it 1 time every fall, I usually do the oil change close to the end of the season when its garaged more so all winter its sitting in there with fresh oil.

what filter are you running ?

·
Banned
1,354 Posts
No, they monitor the engine's temp and how long it stays at that temp. use an algorithm to calculate the oil life based on that. Pretty accurate. It all depends on how you drive the car.

·
20,136 Posts
Mine is in the same boat (under 1000 miles a year)....once a year at a minimum or depending on how many times I get to take her out an stretch her legs (cruise-in or track passes).

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
No, they monitor the engine's temp and how long it stays at that temp. use an algorithm to calculate the oil life based on that. Pretty accurate. It all depends on how you drive the car.
hey im just speaking my mind, relax
besides you seemed to be belittling the OP with that comment

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
Just do it once/year at that mileage rate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts