Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a blown 1000 hp 502 that needs a mate. I want a manual but not sure which one will work for me. I have seen a lot of people putting in a t-56 from a newer camaro. What i was wondering will this tranny survive the 800 ft lbs my engine can produce. from looking around i guess there are a couple of manufactures, (borg warner, trmec or somethign like that) Can your guys help me out on a tranny selections that will work for me???

Thanks
Matt

------------------
Your PimpDaddy MATTT

red lifted 94' chevy z71
Yamaha R1

Big Plans for a 67' camaro
And even bigger plans in the future for a Dodge Viper

Im me on aol DWMcrash

·
Registered
278 Posts
If your gonna run that much horsepower, depending on how large your budget is go with a Jerico. They are rated to over 1200 hp. They are expensive and b/c of the lack of synchros you always have to shift if FAST. Many people say that you shouldnt run them on the street but i have talked this over with the people at the company and they said that you just have to change the tranny oil every 500-700 miles and shift it fast. They do offer a five speed if you want overdrive. Hope this helps. If you run that much hp behind a T-56 youll spend as much on rebuilds as it would have cost for a jerico in the first place. BTW-use their road race trannys. not the drag race version. YOU CANT DOWNSHIFT AT SPEED WITH THE DRAG RACE VERSION!!!
http://www.jericoperformance.com/

[This message has been edited by jvolk81 (edited 01-16-2001).]

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yes Jerico is the only one to go with your powerlevel. But wait! plese check Lenco ,they have advertised "street" planetary transmissoin wich is "down shiftable" expensive,but i guess you didnt get your 502 cheap too. You have to find out the right clutch too,Forget all single and twin disc units for first. you need multidisc cluth system. Tilton has good set ups wich will handle your power. good luck! ps one of my frien has here "outlaw" 67 mustang with 572 ford bigblock and 4 speed jerico,he love it and its badride!

joni

1 - 3 of 3 Posts