Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so my t-tops leak in the rain. i know big suprise. they actually only leak by where the window butts up to them. the seals have been replaced with new ones and are still leaking. anyone know why? anyone encounter this? And ive looked on ebay-they are outrageously priced for a new kit.

·
Registered
36 Posts
This might help...not sure though. I have a 92' Rs with T-Tops and my seals are great with 166k on them! They look brand new! However, I took the car in last summer to get the front ground effects worked on and re-painted. When I went to pick up the car there were two inches of rain water on my paseenger side floor. I checked the seals and they were still in great shape as usual. I was like WTF?! lol However, I figured out that if I took some baby oil and worked it into the rubber where the T-Tops go it makes the rubber much more softer and helped me make the seal a lot tighter! Sounds dumb and wierd but it works for me.
-Not sure if it'll help you out but it's a shot, right?

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Where exactly is the leak...ie middle part, front part, rear part of the window? Is the leak in the same area on both sides? I had a similar problem with a leaking seal on the driver's front part of the window...everytime I would wash the car or it would rain.....there would be water on the floor in front of the driver's seat. It turned out to be the window weather strip just above the pillar where the seal meets the T-top. There is a seam there. I put a dab of silicone there... problem solved. Just thought I would share that little bit of information with you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts