Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working on the GMPP wire harness for my LS/T56 swap. Want to include the wires for trans connections (RLO, VSS, Reverse lights) and have a couple questions.

I know it doesn't make any difference which way the reverse light switch is wired but not sure about VSS or RLO.

The VSS has 2 different colored wires from the GMPP ECU but the wrong connector for the T56. I found a VSS pigtail that fits but it has 2 white wires making me think it doesn't make any difference which way its hooked up.

The RLO pigtail has 2 different colored wires (white, green) but when I attach 12v and ground to it, it will work either way. Should it be one way or other? I am using a small battery charger to test it.

A couple pics: VSS, Reverse light, RLO

Attachments

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Jeff I dont believe it matters on either the VSS puts out a square wave signal and the RLO is a soleneoid so its power and ground. I havent done this yet on my T56 swap but seems to make sense to me

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jeff I dont believe it matters on either the VSS puts out a square wave signal and the RLO is a soleneoid so its power and ground. I havent done this yet on my T56 swap but seems to make sense to me
Thats how it appears, just wanted to make sure. Thanks

AFAIK, the GMPP ECU has the RLO function built in but no pin/wire installed. I installed the pin in the ECU connector that, according to my research and others on the forums, will allow the RLO to function as designed. We shall see. Thanks

·
14,081 Posts
Wires can go either way. With the pin installed it will trigger ground to complete the RLO circuit under 2 mph

BU is a switch so doesn't matter and the VSS can go either way as stated.

For tach signal you will need a step up resister.

Automater sells a kit that has the adapters for the oil press and water temp senders. It also comes with the resister for the tach signal.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wires can go either way. With the pin installed it will trigger ground to complete the RLO circuit under 2 mph

BU is a switch so doesn't matter and the VSS can go either way as stated.

For tach signal you will need a step up resister.

Automater sells a kit that has the adapters for the oil press and water temp senders. It also comes with the resister for the tach signal.
OK good,

Probably gonna go with DD VHX and get everything right from the DLC and bulkhead connector wires. I went ahead and removed all the gauge wires from the bulkhead connector and routed them into the cabin along with the pedal, MIL and DLC wires. I think most if not all the necessary signals will be present on the GMLAN in the DLC but this way I will be covered for sure and have options. Can't see much need for gauge signals at the firewall where the bulkhead connector will be.

I am using the switched 12v pin in the bulkhead connector to power the RLO and ran that wire in the harness as well. Its fused in the GMPP load center.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts