Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, i want to by an autometer speedo and read a little about them and was wondering what is needed or not needed for it to hook into my t56? a-meter said you need a 16pulse/revolution speedometer sender for the gauge to work. dose the t56 have this? thanks for any help....jeoff

my ride: www.fortunecity.com/silverstone/hillbridge/72

[This message has been edited by chuckboy7 (edited 08-17-2002).]

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don't know what the sender is in the t-56 but it does work directly w/ autometer electric speedometers. get a clip in plug that fits the sender on the t-56 (two wires), ground one wire (I don't think it matters which one, otherwise I luckily picked the right one when I wired mine)and send the other wire directly to the sender wire on the gauge. Then all you need to do is calibrate the speedometer to your car. Autometer gives you a small button that hooks to the gauge to do this. You must press this button while starting the car to get into the calibration mode, then when you reach a suitable location, you press the button again and drive exactly one mile. find an uncrowded road w/ mile markers. Once you drive one mile, stop and press the button again. your speedometer should then be as accurate as most new cars, as long as the mile you drove was really a mile. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I believe the clip in plug conector is the same as the GM temp sensor clip, But I think you are asking where on the trans the sender is located. Its on the driver's side near where the driveshaft comes out of, and it points down(meaning if you plugged a clip in, the wires would hang straight down).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts