Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a 6al box and distributor, the instructions say to connect the wire that I previously had on my dist, to the tach output on the box. It says that if it doesn't work that I may need a tach adapter? Has anyone else had this problem? My tach is an Autometer.
I don't see any reason why it doesn't work.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
These tach adapters cost $50!!!! I can buy a new tach for that much. Does anyone have a tach that works on the 6al WITHOUT having to use an adapter?
I dont like all of the added stuff under my hood. I like it nice and clean.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
I think you may have it hooked up wrong. I had a 6AL and didn't have to use a tach adapter. You need to take the wire on the back of the tach that was on the negative terminal and plug that into the tach output of the 6AL. My tach is also an Autometer.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think you may have it hooked up wrong. I had a 6AL and didn't have to use a tach adapter. You need to take the wire on the back of the tach that was on the negative terminal and plug that into the tach output of the 6AL. My tach is also an Autometer.
Your probably right, I'll swap my wires.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Did you have any luck?

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
336 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a lt1 corvette and it has a tach filter i had to bypass it to make my tach work. I did not cut the tow white wires ( that don't make them anymore) I put a jumper wire between theme and that works fine

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have a lt1 corvette and it has a tach filter i had to bypass it to make my tach work. I did not cut the tow white wires ( that don't make them anymore) I put a jumper wire between theme and that works fine
I could be wrong but I think that convo happened in 2007.:secret:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts