Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

just got a 71 SS and am looking to install a tach. I've never intalled a tach before, so i'm wondering if anyones got any pointers and if anyone has any suggestions for an inexpensive dependable model...

thanks!

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
get anything by Autometer, and you should be fine. even the cheap ones are good. they range in price from about, oh, I'll say $70 on up to several hundred for the top of the line ones. they also make a cheaper line called Autogage, which is still light years ahead of anything ever made by Sun or the Equus crap they sell at Wal-Mart and most parts stores. this is all my opinion, of course. i used to have a Sun super tach that would keep on revving up long after i let off the gas and the engine slowed back down..
as for the installation, it's pretty straightforward, with only 4 wires. the instructions will walk you thru it. the easiest place to mount the thing is to the steering column with a large hose clamp, or find a way to stick it in a stock hole in the dash or something. get creative, and see where it works best for you. that's what this hobby is all about.

------------------
1971 Nova(looks like 69 camaro from underneath!)
355sb, vortec heads, HOT cam,T-10 tranny, 3.70 gears 16X8" IROC wheels. 12" Corvette brakes on the way.
see pics here http://community.webshots.com/user/novaderrik

1 - 2 of 2 Posts