Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the tach in our 1967 RS/SS 4 speed car real? According to our info we have the console option (and we do). We also have the gauge package but don't see that listed anywhere on the car. The gauge package supposedly came with a low fuel light in the tach, well our tach does not have it. Could you get the gauge package without the low fuel light in the tach?????

·
Registered
118 Posts
The low fuel light was optional. So, yes you could have the tach and not the low fuel indicatior. My '67 has the tach and guages without the low fuel indicator.

Scott.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I think the low fuel light was part of the console gauge package, it was there because of the fuel gauge being somewhat out of sight and to remind you of "low fuel"

------------------
69 rallye green X77 Z/28,1967 SS 396 Conv. 1974 c-10 454 swb

·
10,142 Posts
I have a 67 RS with the optional console guages. I have the origonal window sticker, it shows Option #5U17BH "Instrument Cluster".
Besides the console guages, you get the tach, and low fuel light all together.
The console is a mandatory option with the Instrument cluster.
Check to see if the light is there. It should be a red square at the bottom left side of the spedo, to the right of it is the "Brake" warning, on the tach, is only the RH turn signal indicator.
A non-guage car has from left to right:
OIL, BRK, GEN, TEMP.
Sometimes the screw in light sockets fall out from the back of the tach.
If you shine a light into the hole you should be able to read the red lense. If not, it may be sun damaged.
The console must be ordered with the instruments.

------------------
Check my web page for First Gen Camaro suspension info:
David's Motorsports page
First Gen Suspension Page
67 RS 327
69 Camaro Vintage Racer
65 Lola T-70 Chev 350 Can-Am Vintage Racer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts