Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lifetime Gold Member
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I just installed a Cyberdyne Digital mini-tach in my Camaro and I am getting a "999" reading on it, not solid it fluctuates a little bit but for the most part "999". I have an MSD 6A Ignition in the car.

Do I need the MSD adapter in order for the tach to work properly?

Asking you guys because I can't seem to get a straight answer from MSD or Cyberdyne.

Thanks,

Drew

·
Lifetime Gold Member
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I do have the tach (white wire) plugged directly into the MSD Tach port. Still getting the interference. Ill try the 8910 MSD Adapter and see if it works.

Thanks

·
Lifetime Gold Member
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cyberdyne finally called me back, they are sending out an insulated wire claiming it will fix the problem. I have the MSD adapter on hold for now, but I am sure I will need it.

·
Lifetime Gold Member
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just wanted to follow up on this.

I called Cyberdyne and they sent me out (no charge) an insulated wire to run from my MSD tach port through the firewall and to my tach in order to correct the false readings I was getting.

I didn't think it was going to work but figured it was better to try it than buying the MSD filter for $60.

Well it worked and the tach is working great so anyone having the same problem may want to try that first.

·
Super Moderator
32,530 Posts
Thanks for the follow-up. You would think Cyberdyne would include the shielded wire for their tach installs.

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
Sheilded wiring...hmmm. Hadn't thought of that before. If you take a piece of shielded wire and ground the shield at only one end, it kills a lot of radiated noise.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts