Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seller has more of them listed in "other items". It seems only a matter of time that unless you have a complete documented history of your car to match the tags ALL others are going to be questioned about authenticity.
I really think that you must use every possible resource available when buying a car in todays world.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/65-6...7QQihZ014QQcategoryZ10076QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Would the values of our cars diminish if we stopped putting as much focus on our TT's ? Is there anyway we can protect ourselves from these crooks?

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
Keith...

The only thing that can be done is being done right here on TC and that is the fake tags are being reported and the cars being sold are being watched by many people. Its sort of like when you by headers and it has printed " Off Road Use Only" They can't stop you from buying it just using them. :) The trim tags will drop prices of cars in the end when the public is more aware of the fakes. I hope its sooner than later....

Kev

·
Registered
579 Posts
That's that company Trimtags.com, should call them scumbags.com. My opinion anyhow!

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Trimtags has been around for a very long time. Before the internet, they advertised in Hemmings and by word of mouth. Originally, they made tags for the Vette crowd so they could change body color or interior color. Times sure have changed.

Ed

·
Registered
345 Posts
i found everything on line one day to fully document a fake car thats why chevy prices are coming down , i also found some mopar build sheets and trim tags , pretty upsetting i know

·
Registered
5,772 Posts
i found everything on line one day to fully document a fake car thats why chevy prices are coming down
That is true to a certain extent. The mediocre/questionable cars will be less valued, but the right, quality cars may actually benefit.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
I agree. This will actually help cars with a documented history, IMHO.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts