Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that my car has the new paint I need new tail light and park lamp lenses. I have priced NPD and Classic and tried searching Ground Up but couldn't find any. I will also get both sets of gaskets for the rear lenses and the set for the park lights. I need some suggestions on where to buy.....

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
I got a set of rear lenses from NPD a few years ago. The car has never left the garage or been wet (still under construction) ad the stainless trim fell off the lenses. I'm sure it is not an NPD thing, just the typical repro parts. I cleaned, adjusted, and epoxied them back on. One is loose already. I'm fed up. I am going to try TrimParts for the rear lenses. Their quality is usually very good. I got one front lense from NPD and it was fine.

·
15,376 Posts
A wise man once told me:

The vertical tail light trim is part of the Z-21 package (Exterior style trim)and was available on any car. This also included gill bright trim, wheel well molding and gutter stainless trim (except convert, of course). If this was ordered on a base car the trim tag would go from X-44 to X-11. On a SS350, it would go from X-55 to X-11, SS396 it went from X-66 to X-22, and on Z28 it went from X-77 to X-33.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Originally posted by HwyStarJoe:
Ricks has the lenses:
Part #: PL-3 Description: 69 Standard or RS Park Lens Reproduction
Our Price: $ 9.95
I had to buy these because when I had my car painted there happened to be another 69 Camaro at the body shop. When my car was ready and I went down there to put it back together my lenses with the trim were gone along with the other 69 Camaro. I was left with a set of the regular lenses, a bunch of oops, sorrys and one are you sure those aren't your lenses.

Well thinking it was an easy task I brought these new rings, lenses and a tube of trim glue upstairs to put together while I ate my chinese food. Well like anything that's tagged reproduction it wasn't that easy. Those rings would have probably fit a Volvo easier than my lenses. After about 10 trips down to the garage to get vise grips, pliers, blocks of wood,c-clamps and then about 60 minutes of pure stress the damn things finally went on.

Sorry, I just had to share my pain.

Joe

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
I love it Joe!

They probably charged the guy for your stuff to update the other guy's car to boot!!

I'd bet on it...

pdq67

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Originally posted by HwyStarJoe:
A wise man once told me:

The vertical tail light trim is part of the Z-21 package (Exterior style trim)and was available on any car. This also included gill bright trim, wheel well molding and gutter stainless trim (except convert, of course). If this was ordered on a base car the trim tag would go from X-44 to X-11. On a SS350, it would go from X-55 to X-11, SS396 it went from X-66 to X-22, and on Z28 it went from X-77 to X-33.

Joe, I've got the bright tail light trim on my X66 and it's been there since the day it left the factory along with the gill trim. No wheel well or drip molding trim though.I'm the original owner family so it's never been changed. My father actually ordered the car new so I'm technically the 2nd owner as I bought it off of him when he bought a 67 Chevelle SS396 in the 70s.

·
Registered
768 Posts
supv26,

i have 2 sets of very nice standard, original taillights and housings. perfect lenses, i think, but i haven't looked at them in a while. no vertical chrome on either set but surround chrome is there. if you're interested email me.

charles

·
11,623 Posts
Hey Joe! That looks very familiar to me! :D
A wise man once told me:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts