Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went to check the wires lastnight, and here is the problem, pull the light switch and the parking lights and side markers and dash light up. No head lights or tail lights. Any thoughts?
And yes the lights are all plugged in.
Thanks again,
Mike

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Had same problem with my lights and it was a bad ground on the rear harness for the tail lights. It's usually a thin black wire that connects around your trunk latch. The front problem was also a ground that was bad. Both lights have thin black wires that ground to the radiator support. Hope thats all it is for you too.
Dennis

·
Registered
154 Posts
It sounds like a grounding problem. Each headlight has its own grounding wire off of the three-wire plug into the head light, as does each tail light assembly (at least on my 67). I had a problem with the passenger side headlight not working and tracked it down to the battery corroding the ground wire. By the way did you just paint the engine bay? Make sure the ground it actualy touching the metal and not the paint.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Check the ground that goes from your ground on the battery to the passenger fender, if this is making a bad connection it can cause your headlights to not work at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts