Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to see if anyone sells the repro of the piece that goes behind the tail panel.....its a thin metal piece that is actually an extension of the trunk pan.....it exists inbetween the tailpanel and the trunk floor to tailpan braces (or the braces that are welded to the trunk floor and you bolt the bumper to these braces.) Ive checked Ricks and Classic Ind but neither selss the piece. I believe if you buy Classics' Full trunk pan repro then this piece is built in.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
If I am thinking of the right part, Rick's sells it #PP-78 its in the sheetmetal section,its called a tailpan brace.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its actually the thin piece that goes between those braces (PP-78s) and the tail panel. The thin piece extends the width of the trunk floor (its attached to the trunk floor and sticks up from it) and has holes in it for the bumper bolts. I should really get a picture since its hard to describe and I havent seen it available in the catalogs.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I have seen em in but don't remember where I saw em probably Rick's. There is 2 of them and they are welded to floor. I have set but there not for sale.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Ricks has what I thought you meant there called rear tailpan and brace in the sheetmetal section.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Have you tried these guys, they list a lot of stuff for the rear end trunk area.

Rob

Chevrolet classic muscle car partsDivision of Modern Chevrolet 5415 Kelley-Moore Drive Winston Salem, NC 27105. (800) 722-4828 Fax (336) 727-4856. e-mail:. 1955-81 Muscle Car Parts.com ...
www.oldmusclecars.com/ - 8k - Cached - Similar pages

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
The full trunk pans include that piece(all others do not have this section) plus you will need the two pieces I spoke of earlier (also included with full pan) also because they are the actual bumper supports that are welded to floor behind each pair of holes.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes....I have a pair of new braces to weld to the floor of the trunk and I just installed one of the semi full trunk pans (not the full that includes everything) and I am also replacing the tail panel. When I removed the tail panel, the thin piece I have been talking about in the picture ended up with alot of holes from drilling the tail panel spot welds. I thought it would be nice to just get a new piece (piece from picture). But if they are not readily available I will just make do with what I have. Thx.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
If you are still looking look in Classic Industries catalog,in my book its pg. 528 the part number is C7624. Is that what you were looking for?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Its not the valence panel......its a tough one to describe because its actually an extension of the full trunk pan....so its not a seperate piece in of itself.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts