Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Retired
26,951 Posts
You have to push down and back on the front edge of the back seat bottom to release it. On the floor are two what I call G latches. Imagine this is a side view of the latch G <-- the lower section of seat frame is held under - portion of the G with a bit of forward pressure.

Then once the bottom is out there are 2 bolts or screws holding the bottom of the seat back in place.

·
Registered
694 Posts
It really helps if you have two people, one on each side. You have to push down and back while pulling up at the same ime. It is a little bit of a PITA the first time until you get the hang of it. Just remember to bend the little brackets that hold the seat back back down before you reinstall the bottom or you risk tearing up the upholstery on the seat bottom.

Mark

·
Registered
338 Posts
Keep the G in mind. That's exactly what the latch looks like. Press down on the front and then push back and up. It takes a little while to get the hang, but even I was able to do this. :D

I've heard this is a 2 beer job, but I forget the order of the beers, I think it's one before you get it out and then other before you put it back.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
down, back, up, out... mine comes out in a couple of seconds.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts