Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for you racers. Does a tall upper ball joint do exactly the same as a tall spindle? Say both are 1" taller.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe the answer is yes. But I don't think I have even seen a tall spindle that wasn't also a drop spindle. Drop spindles don't work very good with our cars.

It would be nice if a taller GM product fit our cars.
Why would a drop spindle be bad? I know about tire interference with small wheels but not with larger wheels.

·
Premium Member
5,799 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those threads address the tire rubbing issue. Not an issue with large wheels. However, I'm not necessarily looking to drop the car 2" as I feel Camaros are already low enough.

·
Premium Member
4,943 Posts
I believe the answer is yes. But I don't think I have even seen a tall spindle that wasn't also a drop spindle. Drop spindles don't work very good with our cars.

It would be nice if a taller GM product fit our cars.
ATS Speedtech tall spindles only have 3/4” drop if I remember right.

Ridetech delivers improved geometry with their drop spindles and tru-Turn.

Don

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ATS Speedtech tall spindles only have 3/4” drop if I remember right.

Ridetech delivers improved geometry with their drop spindles and tru-Turn.

Don
Those speedtech spindles, that is the same as the CPP cast iron version with C5 brakes, right?

·
Premium Member
4,943 Posts
Those speedtech spindles, that is the same as the CPP cast iron version with C5 brakes, right?
They are not the same. Similar maybe but different. Those CPP spindles are incredibly heavy.

Don

·
Registered
247 Posts
Chris Alston Chassisworks also offers aluminum tall spindles similar to the Speedtech AFX aluminum tall spindles. Not cheap. I think tall ball joints are your best bang for the buck.

·
14,704 Posts
I believe the CPP are Chinese knock offs and would not compare them to Speedtech.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts