Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a targetmaster 350 casting number 10066036,1m1002, 2vp. with very little mileage that i want to use in another car. did this motor come with a stock timing chain set up and if so would it be a good idea to upgrade it to a double roller. also would i have any problems with the way it runs if a was to drop a dual 4 set up on it without any upgrades to this motor. can anyone decode the casting numbers that are on the front flange on this motor.. 1m1002, 2vp. thanks alot!!!!!

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
If it is a low mileage engine, I wouldn't mess with the timing chain myself. Its one of those "why fix it if it ain't broke" type deals.
As far as dual quads on an other wise stock low compression type engine, I don't think that would be a very good idea. Its been proven too many times that a single 4bbl intake will make more power, plus be so much easier to tune...not to mention a whole lot cheaper. I assume you are just wanting to do this for looks? If you do decide to go that route, then the best thing you could do would be to use 2 small vac secondary carbs, or better yet 2 TBI units. Now that would be cool IMO.

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
I too am a believer in If it ant broke don't mess with it ,and dual quads looks cool but sounds like you don't have the motor to use that much C F M ...and they are a pain in the as-....my opnion ....good luck and Happy Motoring

1 - 4 of 4 Posts