Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2spd Taurus fan on the Nova. While checking out my manual isolator for the two speeds (it didn't work)I noticed that with power to both the high and low sides it runs at a speed about half way between the high and low and seems to have a current draw of about half way between the high and low. Is it possible that these are really a 3spd fan? I don't have access to a wiring diagram so I don't know.

·
Super Moderator
32,530 Posts
I suspect the fan is a 2 speed fan. Either, or, but not both. Generally, with other auto manfacturers, low (normal) speed is for A/C selected and high speed is for engine temperature.

By applying power to both speed terminals, this will shorten its life.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have the taurus 2 speed fan. I have seen the stock wiring diagram and it is only 2 speeds.
Heed what Everett#2390 says and only energise 1 set of windings at a time.
My taurus fan cools my 461BBC on low speed 90% of the time, but if I get into slow stop and go traffic and its hot out, I need high speed. I have found that high speed will cool my engine under any condition I have found so far.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I assumed it was a 2spd but couldn't find anyone to explain why when you power both sides it does what it does. The thing works great in it's 2spd form just curious.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts