Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a post a while back that mentioned some interest in T-Shirts for the gang. I have made numerous different shirts and feel it is a simple process. There is a company here in town that has computer aided screening machines and they use ink that outlasts the shirts! I was raised by a family of graphic artists and can whip out some basic designs, then you all can vote for the one you like. Heck I might get froggy and have 2 designs available!?

If you are interested, send an E-Mail to: [email protected] with "T-Shirt" in the subject.

I will likely do a trial run with only those who post being "counted" for the first batch. Ya know I got to calculate the cost based on the demand, I'm not into buying shirts for everyone. I will get the price breaks and be upfront about everything...just want to make my mark in the community so to speak.

If anyone here has any feedback on this process, I will respond here. Just be courteous to the server/administrators and dont put a million "I want one" messages here..use my Hotmail.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I might be interested if the price is right.

·
Registered
304 Posts
if you can give a price and post some art work I'd defintly order a few shirts and maybe a jacket if you can get those,

has AL given his approval,it is his site ,correct ????

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
will do...I wasn't sure where to start with that, but was confident that you guys would guide me (being the consumate professionals that you are...there are very few of us left)

A message is on the way to Al.

hmmm Jackets!!? I'll see if that is possible if this moves forward.

·
Registered
57 Posts
If anyone wants tees or jackets I am in the apparel business and run a large facility where we get great prices on tees both long and short sleeve. We print sweat and tee shirts, jackets and hats. Recently we did a major job for the Police and EMS for the 9/11 disaster and print over 100,000 units a week for ECKO Unlimited and major work for television stations, sport leagues and amusement parks I cannot mention as they are private label contracts.

I am not trying to step on toes, but may be able to provide super pricing. We do high density printing, gels, RF welding for the hottest name in the tee market in ECKO.

If I can be of assistance please email me with your needs and I will reply with pricing.

Ken

X

·
0 Posts
As long as AL don't see a problem I'm up for a couple.

------------------
Tony
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>1979 Z-28, 350- Edelbrock Performer RPM Package- TH350
<LI>2000 Gmc Sonoma - 5-speed 4.10 rear
[/list]

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Careful with this.

The General is being extremely protective of its brand names and images and has been sending "Cease & Desist" orders to violators. The producers of the Jefferson WI swap meet used a '58 Corvette pic on the event T-shirt for the Spring '01 meet and received a warning. Someone else used a '69 GTO Judge on a T-shirt, same response. GM reps are at larger meets and will remove apparel items not produced by licensees.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
3,360 Posts
Not trying to be a smart A, but looks like the General would be more concerned with a long standing web site with thousands of hits a day than a few hundred T-shirts. Just an opinion.

------------------
Robert

'69 getting better every day... (every pay day)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ken...you da man

I am simply a guy who is willing to find someone like you (local printing dude) and do the leg work for the club. I can still do graphics. And as far as copywrite infringement...?! Hmmm that is tough! Maybe we should stay away from a CAMARO on the front and just have the text?

It will all smooth out as soon as Al gives his advice.

Maybe to avoid copywrite infringement, we could say TEAM CAMERO!
and then have a picture of a '50 Hudson...

·
Registered
447 Posts
I'm in for sure !!! A couple shirts and maybe a jacket. Custom front plates would rule to.
A 1st Gen (1968) doing a wheel stand would be puurrfect. But really the last thing we want to do is to violate the law (unless it involes a nasty burnout or some stunting). Keep us posted on progress but keep it legal and friendly.

------------------
'68 Camaro, 350 (30 over), Forged TRW 9.8, Scat 4340 Crank, RPM Air Gap, RPM Alum. heads,
Holley 770, Turbo 400, 2.73 going to 4.11, Stock stall going to 2800, Comp Cams 280H-10.
Will be adding 250 HP Giggle Gas.
(Hope to run high 11's without and get into 10's with the HUMOR BUTTON Squeeeeezzed)

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
haha, my name speaks for itself!
cosmic, the shirts sound like a good idea, you've always got to worry about whose toes might get stepped on with logos and such, since your selling them.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
to end this for now, Al wrote me and told me that it has been in the works for some time. The major hold ups are the legal aspects and the customer service side. Overall you have to realize that Chevy and this site have to remain above reproach, abide by the laws and ensure quality customer service to maintain their solid reputation. I (a bit excitable) got ahead of myself and based on the shirts that we whipped out for our unit in less than 2 weeks, assumed that it would be a quick process.......wrong again?! But hey, I would rather go without a Team Camaro t-shirt for a while rather than jeopardize the reputation around here. So for now camaro guys and camaro gals...we will have to wait!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts