Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if Team Camaro would be interested in a few t-shirt designs?

·
15,370 Posts
Hi Dean,

We as members would love to see your designs!
I wish the Team Store had never closed.
Not knowing what your intentions are for the t-shirts as far as making them available to the membership, I'm afraid you'll probably be on your own. Which means if there is enough demand for them, don't expect the site owners to help you out. You'll have to handle everything privately.

·
Premium Member
5,299 Posts
I think if you do this on your own you might get into copyright issues if you are use names or likeness from this site wtih out prior written consent. Just my .02

Jeff

·
Gold Lifetime Member
2,178 Posts
I would like to get one or two custom t-shirts made with the Team Camaro logo.

So, I have 2 questions for moderators/owners;

1) would the moderators/owners have any objection to this?
2) do you have a "hi-resolution" copy of said logo(with the flag) that you could send me??
(I tried copying the logo to a file but the resolution is so low that it cannot be used.)

Note: these would be only for my personal use and not for sale.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
8-month old post brought back. If this ever comes to fruition, I'll purchase a shirt :yes:

·
Gold Lifetime Member
2,178 Posts
8-month old post brought back. If this ever comes to fruition, I'll purchase a shirt :yes:
Yeah, I know... I was debating as to whether to start a new thread or not.

·
Retired
26,616 Posts
The site and it's name and logo belong to Auto Forums/Vertical Scope. I don't know what the deal is with the site logo but Auto Forums stopped using the logo on the membership swag as soon as they took over.

I don't know what the deal was between Auto Forums and Al but I believe he was allowed to deplete his stock of swag (shirts, hats etc.) but that was a few years ago...

Yes, you do need permission to use trademark, I found out the hard way with our local club swag, GM lawyers sent the club (me) a letter. After much debate the club was allowed limited use of things like the Chevy bowtie which is one element in we used in our logo. They waved the expensive fees and gave the club permission to include it in our logo but they didn't approve our art until we removed the club name from within the bowtie. It's their intellectual property and the club was stepping on it by placing any text in the bowtie itself.

I know Al had dealings with the lawyers about the site as well and I'm of the belief that Auto Forums probably has to fork out a licensing fee if they use the Camaro moniker on any swag they sell...

I know other sites have cool swag but can tell you I saw some items that put the site name through the bowtie and know that GM will shut them down when they find the products...

I also know a shirt printer has been in contact with Auto Forum employees but don't know where it will lead... Ya it would be really cool to have TC swag!!

·
Administrator
Test Here
1,310 Posts
The site and it's name and logo belong to Auto Forums/Vertical Scope. I don't know what the deal is with the site logo but Auto Forums stopped using the logo on the membership swag as soon as they took over.

I don't know what the deal was between Auto Forums and Al but I believe he was allowed to deplete his stock of swag (shirts, hats etc.) but that was a few years ago...

Yes, you do need permission to use trademark, I found out the hard way with our local club swag, GM lawyers sent the club (me) a letter. After much debate the club was allowed limited use of things like the Chevy bowtie which is one element in we used in our logo. They waved the expensive fees and gave the club permission to include it in our logo but they didn't approve our art until we removed the club name from within the bowtie. It's their intellectual property and the club was stepping on it by placing any text in the bowtie itself.

I know Al had dealings with the lawyers about the site as well and I'm of the belief that Auto Forums probably has to fork out a licensing fee if they use the Camaro moniker on any swag they sell...

I know other sites have cool swag but can tell you I saw some items that put the site name through the bowtie and know that GM will shut them down when they find the products...

I also know a shirt printer has been in contact with Auto Forum employees but don't know where it will lead... Ya it would be really cool to have TC swag!!
Can you send me the Vector file on this?

[email protected]

Jeff M

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
count me in for atleast 2 XL
One to save for those nights out
one to cut the sleeves off for the summer months:thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts