Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a Sanden compressor on my BBC 427. It's run with a V belt off of the crank and water pump pulley. The problem started happening after I installed Mcleod RXT clutch. Can drive normally all over but when I shift it agressively from 7500 it tears the belt. I've spent a lot of time making sure pulleys are lined up but the only improvement I could get in belt lasting is when I use the top cig belt. I'm wondering if the ac clutch is engaging at high rpm and causing the problem??? Either that or the belt just can't take it. Any killer belts out there??

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
First off, you're a wild man. Head out for some 7K+ runs but let's leave the A/C on so we can stay cool, baby!
Or is it really switched off and you think it might be locking up on its own?

Anyways, if it's the former I'd recommend you put an RPM switch in your A/C compressor engagement line to drop it out above 4K or so. Modern cars do this automatically based on TPS position but you have to add it in on your setup. Example of some:
http://www.jegs.com/p/JEGS-Performance-Products/JEGS-RPM-Activated-Switches/1615171/10002/-1

1 - 3 of 3 Posts