Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Do you have the right sender? The sender for a gauge changes resistance grandually with temperature. The sender for an idiot light goes from no connection to connected when the temperature goes too high.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Could also be you are missing or do not have the correct resistor for the gauge. My console gauge has a resistor block installed on back of the gauge.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi my temp gauge in my console which is brand new just stays all the way over to the right even when power is on any ideas
Yes
Could also be you are missing or do not have the correct resistor for the gauge. My console gauge has a resistor block installed on back of the gauge.
mine doesn’t have a resistor on the back

·
Registered
24 Posts
Check the connections on the back of the gauge. It will do that if wires are reversed. The repo gauge I got has a
small rectangular resistor between the two posts. Also check ohm readings on sender unit as temp goes up. Ohms should go down as emp goes up. Are you using an after-market wiring harness? I used AAW and it actually provides for both the gauge and the dash light. Took a long time, but there is a connection near the bulkhead where the wires connect for both. I removed the one going to the dash and the gauge started working. Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts