Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My temp sender has not been working. It is brand new. A thought crossed my mind, when installing, I wrapped ALOT of teflon tape around the threads to avoid any leaks. Would this tape prevent the sender from grounding and not working?? This is on a '67 396 with a new temp sending unit, new wire harnes and rebuilt console gauges. The gauge moves to C when I unplug the sender and moves to H when I ground it. If the tape is causing the problem, do you have any recommendations for a sealer I can use that will allow the sender to ground?

·
Super Moderator
32,523 Posts
Remove sending unit, remove teflon tape originally installed, hold sending unit in one hand, wrap ONE (1) time around sending unit with teflon tape with other hand, reinstall sending unit, gauge should work.

Everett 68/350/PG/11.90/115mph

·
Registered
715 Posts
If this is going in an aluminum intake teflon tape is not recommended. I use ARP thread sealer and have not had any leaks or grounding issues.

------------------
68 RS, Ash Gold,pwr brakes,pwr windows,Hounds tooth,355/T350,MSD 6AL,3200 stall Dynamic converter,3.31:1 posi,Autometer guage pod

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies, the intake is the cast iron. I will give it a shot with one wrap. I have about 6-7 wraps on the sender now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts