Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help with terminals and where to get them. My search has come up empty so far. Can anyone identify what terminal this is and where I can get some for 10 AWG? It's a simple female with a tang that I thought was a Pico metri-pack but apparently I'm wrong. This pigtail came with a 30 amp relay but the wire is only 14 AWG and won't be enough to handle my fuel pump. Any help appreciated.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
It is interesting the connector is using a wire type that is AWM. This wire is used in machine tools. There is nothing wrong with the wire just it is normally not used on cars. It has weird temperature ratings: 105 degree C in air, 60 degree C in oil, 75 degree C in water. #10 gauge AWM wire is good for 30 amps at 60 or 75 deg C. Keep this type of wire far away from anything that is hot.

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is interesting the connector is using a wire type that is AWM. This wire is used in machine tools. There is nothing wrong with the wire just it is normally not used on cars. It has weird temperature ratings: 105 degree C in air, 60 degree C in oil, 75 degree C in water. #10 gauge AWM wire is good for 30 amps at 60 or 75 deg C. Keep this type of wire far away from anything that is hot.
Yeah it must be cheapest. I've got to order the terminals and then it's being changed out.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I used to buy that style of relay socket years ago from a supplier and normally they were used inside a vehicle for things like door locks, trunk release, parking light flashing, starter interupts, and other alarm/security system options. I also had to use them when activating multiple amplifiers using the trigger wire off of a radio that could not supply enough current.

One thing I did like about the one from the OP is how they can interlock together when using two or more of them.

Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts