·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lumpy alright there Jon! :yes:

What's the story on the Deuce?

Edit, I just saw your post.

Who doesn't love that sound?
She is long gone in Texas Don. But I talk to the guy from time to time. He is having a blast in it around town :D. Here's a couple shots of it.

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've always loved those cars. :yes:

Should be just a skosh over 2600 lbs.?

Who made the fender well exit headers?
It actually weighed #2850 with my fat butt in it. The headers were Hooker super comps. They were pretty pricey back in 98 when I built the car and motor. I'm thinking about running some XR1's on my Camaro like the Deuce had on it.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Man that car is NICE!! You did that car justice Don I wouldn't have done it any different. I always loved those air cleaners chromed up like that. Makes me want to go buy my old car back.
Thanks Jon

The body and interior were pretty much done when I got it.

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Jon

The body and interior were pretty much done when I got it.

Don, I didn't see your post asking about the pump and pan. I had a stock pan with a high pressure pump. Worked really well had 60lbs at idle and around 70 to 75 WOT.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Don, I didn't see your post asking about the pump and pan. I had a stock pan with a high pressure pump. Worked really well had 60lbs at idle and around 70 to 75 WOT.
I tried to find an oil pump locally...everybody handed me a regular small block pump.

LOL, I said "front sump... this won't work" Then they looked at me like I had 2 heads. Kids!

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I tried to find an oil pump locally...everybody handed me a regular small block pump.

LOL, I said "front sump... this won't work" Then they looked at me like I had 2 heads. Kids!
LOL! Yea I always like going to get a basic 350 Chevy engine seal kit. They ask what's it going in what color how much air is in the tires etc...:p and I know some kits have other stuff that others don't but when you just need basic stuff it gets frustrating. But they have a job to do can't blame them one bit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts