Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
June 5th & 6th, in Somerville, TX and on Lake Somerville was a car-show/cruise "Crusin' the Lake". It was a beautiful weekend (a lil' hot though) and there were several very nice cars, and people too! The show, which started on Friday and ended on Saturday, was held on the grounds of a state park (Overlook Park). Saturday, after the show, a great number of cars participated in a cruise to the Czech-Tex steakhouse located in Snook, TX (approx 25 miles from the park). Here are a few pictures from the event.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Texas Car Show/Cruise Pics 2

Just a few more

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Thanks' for the pictures Chris,always though Texas was a dust bowl,with no water and tree's :yes:;).We too up here had a nice car show by the lake ,at Lake Sammamish with boat racing all weekend Taistn and Racin ,3 days of Hydroplane and flat bottom boat racing with a car show on Sunday ,about 400 cars ,I wish I took my camera but I'm really not a picture guy, Lovem but don't take em…that's the wife's thing she was working..Thanks again and Happy Motoring

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
That is some great looking car pictures great job.:beers:

·
Registered
300 Posts
A lot of great cars! I particularly liked the silver '68. Is that yours? A color you don't see a whole lot of. Nice.

Also, enjoyed the through the windshield pic on the road. Thanks!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Isn't it a safety issue with those big motors sticking up so high? Same with the huge "cowl" hoods? Looks cool I reckon' but how the heck do you see? Nice cars.

Probably about as safe as driving a car with 4wheel drums.;)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A lot of great cars! I particularly liked the silver '68. Is that yours? A color you don't see a whole lot of. Nice.

Also, enjoyed the through the windshield pic on the road. Thanks!
I couldn't pass up taking a shot of the lake from the dam. The '68 you refer to is mine, it's actually Seafrost Green (can only tell the difference when parked aside a true silver or under a false light). Thanks for the kind words, I really appreciate it.

Thanks' for the pictures Chris,always though Texas was a dust bowl,with no water and tree's :yes:;).We too up here had a nice car show by the lake ,at Lake Sammamish with boat racing all weekend Taistn and Racin ,3 days of Hydroplane and flat bottom boat racing with a car show on Sunday ,about 400 cars ,I wish I took my camera but I'm really not a picture guy, Lovem but don't take em…that's the wife's thing she was working..Thanks again and Happy Motoring
Now some boat drags would've really been cool to have during this weekend.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Awesome pic's! After the camaro's, the impala vert has to be my favorite!

·
Registered
10,475 Posts
Isn't it a safety issue with those big motors sticking up so high? Same with the huge "cowl" hoods? Looks cool I reckon' but how the heck do you see? Nice cars.

Seeing is not a problem, the only time it is remotely an issue is going around sweeping right hand turns. I suppose if you are vertically challenged it can be more of an issue. Like anything else you have to know the challenges and pay attention to what you're doing.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Awesome pictures and that show/cruise looks like a blast. Good to see the cars driven. What part of Texas is that? (north, east south, west). How's the fishing in that lake?

Somerville is just outside of College Station, TX (home of Texas A&M).. The closest major city is Austin. With that being said, it's in Central Texas. From what I heard, the fishing is good, lots of large bass and catfish. I do know that the wave-runner's/jet-ski's were fun. Another guy from Houston made the show and his wife drove their truck with personal watercraft's in-tow.

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
I thought the show was this weekend sorry I missed it , I went last year had a great time. What was the car count this year.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I thought the show was this weekend sorry I missed it , I went last year had a great time. What was the car count this year.
I did not talk to Bob and get a good count, but I'd approximate that there were 100-110 cars. Most did not show up until Saturday around 10am. There were only 30 cars that pre-registered for the event, and about the same that showed up Friday. I got there on Friday @ 1230 (left Houstons' south side @ 1045). They had a band Friday night that started playing at dusk and played til 1130. The vast majority of the people that showed up on Friday stayed on-grounds (camped or RV).

The 50/50 jar girls said that they were hoping for and anticipated a stronger turn-out judging by last years attendance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts