Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone, this is my first time on this board. I recently purchased a 69 Camaro with a TH350. The other day I noticed a small puddle of fluid on the garage floor. Upon investigation, it seems to be dripping ever so slightly from a small rubber tube protruding through the underside of the torque converter. What is the purpose of this tube? Is there any cause for concern?

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I don't follow what tube you are talking about. There shouldn't be any tube near the converter/flywheel. Main tubes and lines are the speedo cable, the vacuum modulator line, and the kickdown cable. Also have the cooler lines and the filler tube....

I'll send you an email also....

------------------
Steve McCorry - Central Ohio Camaro Club
'69 Camaro RS/SS-350 - Daytona Yellow
'95 Camaro Z-28 - Sebring Silver
click here to see my car ---> www.mindspring.com/~mccorry

·
Registered
572 Posts
What a handle, welcome to the site,
I would be concered with any fluid leaking this is not normal, It will lead to bigger problems, I am not sure what you are describing where the leak is coming from, if the fluid is red in colour then it would be the trans fluid that is leaking, the only tube that I can think of is the vent tube at the top of the transmission, if the fluid is leaking from here check the fluid level, it may be overfilled, Check the fluid with the engine running in Park, Is it frothy and over the full Mark? If so then drain some out. If the fluid level is correct and the fluid is leaking from the venyt then it the trans might be over heating. Be sure to check it out, nothing worse than seeing a Camaro on the Hook, Ford guys love that, Sick puppies they are.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts