Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 350 trans in my 69 rs/ss. Engine is numbers matching. Trying to find out information on the trans. The trans code stamped on the side reads B7P23N. Cleveland TH350, model year 7, September 23, night shift. Would this be correct for my 69? Is there anywhere on here where they stamped a VIN or partial VIN? I'm pretty new to this and the trans is still in the car on jacks. Looking to see what the Camaros.net community has to say. Any info would help. Thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jeff. I have it decoded in the post and thats where I got the information. From that page on Camaros.org. It says this date needs to predate the assembly date, which it does, but when people say their transmissions are numbers matching, is there an actual VIN or partial VIN stamp anywhere on the trans? Something other than the "transmission code" I found? Thats what I'd be looking for. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
yes, there is a partial VIN on the top/side of the bellhousing on mine, and that is what is the important thing to have match. Look at yours closely and you should find it - right at the edge where it bolts to the block. Scroll down to the bottom of the page in the link and you will see 2 locations where it could be.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts