Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My TH350 runs and drives fine - all gears work and work well. The problem is that the shifter tang (or whatever its called) does not shift into the park position - the tranny only has 5 positions, and the first one is reverse. What should I look for? It is not a linkage problem - it is on the tranny itself.

·
20,713 Posts
Sounds like the sprag might be shot. Try to put in park by rolling the car slightly by hand < not under power >. Have you try'd to disconect linkage and shift be hand ?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I tried to put it in park by hand. It does not shift - meaning - it will not go into position. This is not a linkage problem. What is a sprag? Sorry to be so naive.

[ 10-22-2003, 07:35 AM: Message edited by: RyanP1 ]

·
Registered
10,475 Posts
Is this something that just started happening or did you change anything? If you disconnect the linkage and manually put it in park, does it work then? Check your detent to make sure it is adjusted properly.

·
20,713 Posts
The sprag is what "locks" the tranny when in park. Sounds like linkage/rod in tranny could have bent. Didn't hit park while moving, did you ? Sure way to break/bend it in a hurry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts