1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
always good to see, doesn't sound like its too bad either, except the health care bs. our contract comes up this summer also.
IBEW local 191

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
My Nephew is in the local IBEW too. He's always saying he hopes they can negotiate a better contract. My best friend is in the local 66 (tinner's union) I think he makes a ton of $$, but I know what electricians and tinners think of each other, so I'll stop right there ;)

Dano

·
Retired
16,044 Posts
Glad that was settled quickly, hate to see anyone out of work these days.
Id like to give a perspective for the health insurance scene tho.
Since Im self employed, I have to buy my own family health insurance totally by myself. Nobody helps by paying a portion of it for me. But so you guys know what it costs in todays real world, grip this:
Family of 4, no history of health issues at all. Premium is $490 a month BUT that comes with $4000 deductible PER PERSON, per year. So until any of my family spend 4 grand, the insurance doest pay a dime. Its all out of pocket. Thats the real world today I guess but most folks really dont have any idea what it would cost to get coverage if they had to go buy it themselves without a company helping pay a portion of it.
Its coming to a point where everyone will have large deductibles, co pays on office visits etc just to keep the premium affordable.
I hate paying nearly $500 a month, which could go for camaro parts, but this is the reality Im stuck with.
Hope it gives folks something to think about.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts