Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, who's gonna get to work out in the shop to today on their favorite project(s)? I haven't "asked" yet but that's my plan. I have just few "little" things I'd like to get done.

We'll see how that goes...😬

·
11,668 Posts
Camaro is in winter slumber already :( But working on my other Camaro's parts. Been organizing fasteners and cleaning & blackening them. As well as determining duplicates to sell.

This morning I was up at 5:30 and assembled the RS backup lights and drivers side speedo rubber shield with those staples. Had a freakout that I lost my NOS header but finally found it up in the rafters :D

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This morning I was up at 5:30 and assembled the RS backup lights and drivers side speedo rubber shield with those staples. Had a freakout that I lost my NOS header but finally found it up in the rafters :D
Dang, a good start! I'm still working on the turkey. I'll sneak out soon...

That reminds me years ago when I lost track of my VIN and trim tags. THAT was a freakout!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Camaro is in winter slumber already :( But working on my other Camaro's parts. Been organizing fasteners and cleaning & blackening them. As well as determining duplicates to sell.

As I have gotten older I do the same thing get up at 5:30 and work on the car. Will not be working the next few days it is not our thanksgiving. But I can relate I freak out when I could not find my big block Z bar that I have for over 30 Year, but final found it.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I've been sneaking in and out of the garage sorting through stuff. I'm getting close to the dreaded sorting out of mix matched screws, bolts, washers that have found their home all in different containers. Realize I need to throw some stuff out LOL.

And Happy Thanksgiving to those that celebrate.

·
Registered
1968 Camaro Resto / 355ci / 4-Speed
12 Posts
Was out for a little while today.

Started last week wiring up Digi-Tails and ended up pulling the entire rear body tail light harness.

Today consisted of modding the new harness for the Digi-tails.

Slow and steady.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
🤣 🤣 🤣 2.5hr drive @ 70-80mph....Camaro gets 4-5 mpg...I'd have to cash in the 401K.

Short answer....no.
4-5 mpg??? Holy smokes!! You'd be stopping every 1/2 hour or so for gas. You obviously have a race motor in there. Does it burn race fuel also?

·
20,709 Posts
4-5 mpg??? Holy smokes!! You'd be stopping every 1/2 hour or so for gas. You obviously have a race motor in there. Does it burn race fuel also?
93, and only a 10gal. fuel cell (91 gets run on) My biggest issue is at that speed/rpms the secondaries are open/opening.

Looking into a Sniper X-flow ...Not sure thats how I want to go. (2 tunes)

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Rim Bicycle part Font

• Supports up to 800HP N/A

·
Premium Member
Ben - Delaware - 67 Camaro
619 Posts
going to be spending the long weekend working on the shop itself. building a 14'x16' loft / mezzanine area for storage over my work space. then i'll have the room to get some real stuff done. here's a before pic. View attachment 284040
After Pic. i'm not a carpenter, but i think this should work to hold my storage stuff and create a little work space room feel
Tire Car Wheel Window Vehicle

·
Premium Member
2,670 Posts
Are those only 2x4s supporting the floor? Not structurally sound.
I have to agree, that doesn't look safe. I'd rethink that design and/or hire a qualified person to ensure it's structurally sound.
Look like 2"x 6"

I'd double the last one to the outside put a post on the corner, but it looks like he might have a 4" x 6" or doubled already, at least the one from the lift to the back wall is.

Maybe put a few tubs up there, like you would above a home garage, nothing real heavy in one spot unless you have more support in the middle. The deck at our cabin is basically like that but, full perimeter posts every 10~12' I think, so that would be at least one more post in the front and maybe ruin your nice open access on the end.

It's basically a carport, I think it's fine if you don't load much.

If the truss are beefy or you beef a couple up, maybe you could do a support up to the truss to help a bit, but that's really structural engineer territory. I've seen the whole corner of a mezzanine supported like that, but it was designed that way.

·
11,668 Posts
Agree also, that looks around 12 feet span, should be 2x10 joists minimum and larger columns with angle braces if you are going to put any weight up there. Kerosene heater under a bare wood structure is a nice touch for a future fire :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts