Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was blown away by a set of wheels I saw in an Armor All advertisement about 15 years ago. I pulled the ad and dutifully kept it in my dream car file for all those years. As I am now ready to order new wheels for my car I pulled it out and had it on the kitchen table. Big mistake. My wife is a bit of a clean freak and things torn out of magazines are not to be left in her sight. :eek:

Needless to say the ad I saved for a decade and a half is now gone.

Does anyone know of a web site that might have an archive of old ads like this?

Alternatively, does anyone know where I could find a whell like this:

The wheels had a chrome rim, black annodized spokes, a chrome spinner, and black annodized bolts on the chrome rim. I would love to duplicate this wheel but it will be tough without a picture to refer to. I have searched the web for hours and cant seem to find anything close.

Can anyone help?

Robert

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
If you remember what magazine it was from, you can try to find archives, or write or email the publisher. Also I'm sure Armor All keeps an archive of old ads if you could write to them with any information you can remember like around the date of the ad.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep...tried armor all, they gave me the run around. It was kind of frustrating.

I have no idea what magazine it came from or the year. It was just a random car mag...coulda been any one of them.

·
Registered
182 Posts
it would be greatly helpful if you could do a nice sketch and post it so we could get an idea of what to search for.

:yes:

·
Registered
7,151 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
If they are the ones I am thinking, I had them on my mustang....American racing is the brand and they no longer make them.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Joe,

Nope...both of those have a single molded pice for the spoke section. these tires had actual spokes.

Trex, got a picture? :)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Are you putting the wire wheels on a camaro or what? Can't say I've ever seen spokes on a camaro.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Joe,

Nope...both of those have a single molded pice for the spoke section. these tires had actual spokes.

Trex, got a picture? :)
Yeah, I think maybe I do......what is your actual email address, I can't get this site to let me post pictures.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Doug,

Yes definately still going Dynacorn....when they finally make the '67 convertible body. Meanwhile I am dropping a few thousand into the current car so i am not ashamed to drive it. I will post pictures next week.

Robert,

Yep. I hope to be one of the few with wire wheels on my Camaro. It will be an all black car and the wheels will be chrome rims and black spokes with a chrome spinner. I think it will be a nice look.

Everett,

Thanks...that is pretty close...just need to find them with black spokes.

Trex,

[email protected] Thanks!!!

SS350,

Just wait until you see the final effect...and just to disurb you a bit more I am putting side pipes too. (was a super rare Yenko option). :)

Robert

·
Super Moderator
32,358 Posts
Everett,

Thanks...that is pretty close...just need to find them with black spokes.

Robert
As I remember, they came with also with black, gold, and chrome spokes.

I think the only manf now is Cragar Wire Wheels.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
TruSpokes ???

on a Camaro ???
My '68 had TruSpokes on it when I bought it:

I still have those wheels/tires stacked up in my garage if someone really wants a set. 14x6 I think, some rust and chrome flaking, missing one spinner.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts