Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to wire up my car and I am having fits. I bought a universal Painless kit. I know now I should have but I didn’t. It is going in a 67 Camaro.

I can’t figure the column wires nor the Headlight switch. I tried with a meter to check each wire on the column. I found the flashers and the right turn I think. When I flick the blinker to right three wires have continuity. Is that right? I cannot find the left blinker at all. Does anyone know the color codes on the wires from the column? This is the semicircle socket is on the column. I plan on going home and cleaning up the contacts in the column real good before I start again.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Geezer, I have family in springbranch. I lived there at a little tike. I vist them when I drive down to Camaro Concepts.

I have looked at the diagram and can't make heads from tails on the connector. I see the connector on the fuse panel wireing diagram but the wires go every were except where I thouhgt they might.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone know how color wires go to what? I am trying to wire up the column? I beleive there are 8 wires on the connector coming from the column.

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
Originally posted by joer:
I have looked at the diagram and can't make heads from tails on the connector.
Everything you need is right there. The fuse panel diagram has the color codes you are looking for. It is possible the order of the wires isn't the same. I know a couple were swapped on mine, but the colot codes are consistant. So don't let it throw you.

The instrument panel diagram shows the column half of the connection. The color codes translate right on through. While they don't map out the turn signal switch for you, they do give you enough of a peek to know what wires are what. You may need to look at the rear body harness connector to know what colors are for right an left turn for example.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dnult thanks,
Good idea I should have thought of that. I just didn't think the wires would have the same color on them running to the lights themselves. If it does them I am golden. If not I am gonna buy a dang ole universal headlight switch and return all the original goodies I bought to make it "work right"!

Thanks yall...

·
Premium Member
5,583 Posts
joer,
If you are still having problems e-mail me. I am offshore and will be home in 14 days. I live in Spring and have install many painless wiring kits in 69 camaros. I probably can help you out on your 67. Do you have the old harness from the car. You might have to use some of the old connectors with a universal kit. Are you a member of the Houston Camaro Club.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts